Re: Problems with PCMCIA on AMD dbau1100

To: Eric DeVolder <eric.devolder@amd.com>
Subject: Re: Problems with PCMCIA on AMD dbau1100
From: Josh Green <jgreen@users.sourceforge.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 19:53:47 -0800
Cc: Pete Popov <ppopov@embeddedalley.com>, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Tue, 2004-12-21 at 17:28 -0600, Eric DeVolder wrote:
> cardbus isn't supported....and i'm not sure if the pcmcia slots are
> even electrically compatible (meaning i hope your card/db1100 isn't
> damaged).

Ahh, thanks for that bit of insight.  I wasn't aware that 32 bit cardbus
was not supported.  I have a compact flash to PCMCIA adapter which I
have a 128MB compact flash card installed in, it was detected fine (no
damage seems to have occurred with either the card or au1100 PCMCIA
slots).  That solves that problem.

At first I was rather disappointed when I read this reply, but then I
looked up the wireless card I want to use (Senao NL-2511 Plus EXT2, a
Prism 2.5 based card) and it is PCMCIA Type II 16-bit which I suppose
should work using the hostap driver.

Thanks again for pointing this out!  Cheers.
        Josh Green