No PCI_AUTO in 2.6...

Subject: No PCI_AUTO in 2.6...
From: "wlacey" <>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 13:43:05
Might someone be willing to share a bit knowledge with me?

I've transitioned to the 2.6.10 kernel and I'm having a difficult time understanding what things I must do different to get my pci slots probed as before in 2.4. At this point I'm well aware the 2.6 is not a drop in replacement for 2.4 but what is the a general approach to getting something like PCI_AUTO capability in 2.6 what steps must I take and is there document describing them.

I call register_pci_controller() but the bus is never scanned becasue pcibios_init() fails out with...
"Skipping PCI bus scan due to resource conflict"

Any hints/clues/breadcrumbs for the starving?