Re: o32_ret_from_sys_call

To: Philippe De Swert <philippedeswert@scarlet.be>
Subject: Re: o32_ret_from_sys_call
From: Alexander Sirotkin <demiurg@ti.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 14:41:35 +0200
Cc: linux-mips <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi.

I do work with montavista kernel, but regarding this particular change - I can see it in all kernels
(montavista, kernel.org and linux-mips). In kernel.org this change happened between 2.4.18 and
2.4.19, don't know when exatcly it was introduced into other kernels.

10x.

Philippe De Swert wrote:
Hi Alexander,

Do you happen to work with a clean kernel or a montavista one?
Montavista made a lot of changes which do not necessarely reflect in the
normal kernel code (especially on irq, pre-emptiveness and PCI)

I have noticed that somewhere around 2.4.17 sys_sysmips() function from
sysmips.c
was rewritten and call to o32_ret_from_sys_call disappear. This function
(o32_ret_from_sys_call)
was responsible for calling do_softirq() after each system call. I'm
curious, what is the
current mechanism in mips 2.4.x that ensures that do_softirq is called
after system call ?

regards,

Philippe

| Philippe De Swert -GNU/linux - uClinux freak-
|
| Stag developer http://stag.mind.be/
| Emdebian developer: http://www.emdebian.org
|
| Please do not send me documents in a closed format. (*.doc,*.xls,*.ppt)
| Use the open alternatives. (*.pdf,*.ps,*.html,*.txt)
| Why? http://pallieter.is-a-geek.org:7832/~johan/word/english/

NOTE! My email address is changing to ... @scarlet.be
Please make the necessary changes in your address book.

--
Alexander Sirotkin
SW Engineer

Texas Instruments
Broadband Communications Israel (BCIL)
Tel:  +972-9-9706587
"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly."
      -- Henry Spencer