Re:o32_ret_from_sys_call

To: "demiurg" <demiurg@ti.com>
Subject: Re:o32_ret_from_sys_call
From: "Philippe De Swert" <philippedeswert@scarlet.be>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 13:17:23 +0100
Cc: "linux-mips" <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Envelope-id: <I8GFGZ$181DD12A3DE3065A4DBC5982EAE9EA84
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi Alexander,

Do you happen to work with a clean kernel or a montavista one?
Montavista made a lot of changes which do not necessarely reflect in the
normal kernel code (especially on irq, pre-emptiveness and PCI)

> I have noticed that somewhere around 2.4.17 sys_sysmips() function from
> sysmips.c
> was rewritten and call to o32_ret_from_sys_call disappear. This function
> (o32_ret_from_sys_call)
> was responsible for calling do_softirq() after each system call. I'm
> curious, what is the
> current mechanism in mips 2.4.x that ensures that do_softirq is called
> after system call ?

regards,

Philippe

| Philippe De Swert -GNU/linux - uClinux freak-
|
| Stag developer http://stag.mind.be/
| Emdebian developer: http://www.emdebian.org
|
| Please do not send me documents in a closed format. (*.doc,*.xls,*.ppt)
| Use the open alternatives. (*.pdf,*.ps,*.html,*.txt)
| Why? http://pallieter.is-a-geek.org:7832/~johan/word/english/

NOTE! My email address is changing to ... @scarlet.be
Please make the necessary changes in your address book.