Re: Au1000 Ethernet Driver using NAPI

To: charles.eidsness@ieee.org
Subject: Re: Au1000 Ethernet Driver using NAPI
From: Pete Popov <ppopov@embeddedalley.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 15:34:27 -0800
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org

Very cool, thanks. Is the patch for 2.4 or 2.6?

Pete

Charles Eidsness wrote:
Hi All,

I was having a problem running a streaming audio application on my Au1000 processor when the Ethernet port was being bombarded with packets. All of the interrupt servicing was hogging my precious processing power and there was nothing left for my app. There's a new method for writing Ethernet drivers called NAPI which resolves this issue (somewhat). I converted the au1000's Ethernet driver to use this method. If you're interested you can find a patch that applys my changes to the most recent kernel here:

http://members.rogers.com/charles.eidsness/linux-au1000_eth.napi.patch

Cheers,
Charles