Epson13806 performances on Pb1100

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Epson13806 performances on Pb1100
From: Karl Lessard <klessard@sunrisetelecom.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 11:06:14 -0500
Cc: ppopov@embeddedalley.com
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi all,

I'm currently developping on a Pb1100 alchemy board, and I use the Epson
13806 graphic controller connected to the Au1100 static bus. I've written a
driver for it for kernel 2.6.x, and update the Au1100 code so I can access
0xE 0000 0000 address range.

Everything works fine, but for the speed. It seems that accessing the chip is
too slow for having high-graphic performances. The LCLK is set at 49500KHz,
as the memory clock inside the chip. I know it's a bit overclocked, but a
lower LCLK freezes my system.

I would like to know if anyone have encountered this performance problem in
the past with this chip.

Thanks in advance,
Karl