Re: CP0 EntryLo

To: Gilad Rom <>
Subject: Re: CP0 EntryLo
From: Pete Popov <>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 10:01:26 -0800
Cc: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <>,
Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:
On Tue, 30 Nov 2004, Gilad Rom wrote:

So, what I need to do, if I understand correctly, is to create a fixed
From a virtual address to a physical address on the tlb, and use this
Virtual address to change the values of EntryLo to 0xD in order to Access the device on the address range I mapped Chip-select 1 to?

(Excuse my poor phrasing, I've been googling all day...)

Any idea on how I might accomplish that from a driver?
I've found a function called add_wired_entry(...), is this
What I should be using?

Exactly. You program the CS with a physical address. Make sure that address does not overlap with anything else. Then you call ioremap from your driver and you get back a virtual address. You use that virtual address to access the peripheral.

At this stage I would say that probably reading something like the Linux Kernel book or Linux Device Drivers both by Oreilly will really help you.