Re: dvhtool support for variable block factor...

To: Thiemo Seufer <ica2_ts@csv.ica.uni-stuttgart.de>
Subject: Re: dvhtool support for variable block factor...
From: "Eric Y. Theriault" <eric@eyt.ca>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 14:09:57 -0500 (EST)
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Mon, 29 Nov 2004, Thiemo Seufer wrote:
This would be linux-utils, but be warned the fdisk code is competely
FUBAR. I gave up on it when I realized that some mysterious segfaults
ware caused by unaligned pointer arithmetic and/or conversion of some
data to little endianness, and changing those would likely have broken
fdisk for other architectures.

A testcase which always "worked" for me on IP22: create a DVH with
parted, and then try to read/change it with fdisk. Apparently
parted poisons the DVH for fdisk. :-)

Could you provide me a link/contact to linux-util to submit such a patch? The change is that while the length of the partition properly takes into account the blocksize, it still sets the block size to 512 no matter what the actual block size is. The change is to set this value to sector_size instead of hard coding 512.

Thanks for your assistance in this matter.

eyt*
--
Eric Y. Theriault
http://www.eyt.ca