Re: dvhtool support for variable block factor...

To: "Eric Y. Theriault" <>
Subject: Re: dvhtool support for variable block factor...
From: Thiemo Seufer <>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 18:20:20 +0100
Eric Y. Theriault wrote:
> There is also a similar bug with fdisk's SGI header creation; are you also
> in charge of this?  Do you know where I should send that patch?

This would be linux-utils, but be warned the fdisk code is competely
FUBAR. I gave up on it when I realized that some mysterious segfaults
ware caused by unaligned pointer arithmetic and/or conversion of some
data to little endianness, and changing those would likely have broken
fdisk for other architectures.

A testcase which always "worked" for me on IP22: create a DVH with
parted, and then try to read/change it with fdisk. Apparently
parted poisons the DVH for fdisk. :-)