Re: CVS Update@-mips.org: linux

To: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Subject: Re: CVS Update@-mips.org: linux
From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@linux-mips.org>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 02:01:44 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: sjhill@linux-mips.org, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Sun, 28 Nov 2004, Ralf Baechle wrote:

> We're already printing way too much stuff and this is a not very useful
> message so why not removing the whole thing for good ...

 This is useful for reliability verification.  See the thread starting at:
"http://oss.sgi.com/projects/netdev/archive/2004-11/msg00475.html";.  The
setting should also be user controllable, but for now people should at
least know whether it's in effect or not.

 Anyone is free to bump their console/syslog loglevel to get rid of less
important messages to suit there preferences.  And INFO, which is what the
message uses, is the lowest level for stuff for non-developers.

  Maciej