Re: Cross tool chain based on gcc-3.4.x

To: TheNop <>
Subject: Re: Cross tool chain based on gcc-3.4.x
From: "Stephen P. Becker" <>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 20:34:29 -0500
TheNop wrote:
Stephen P. Becker wrote:

TheNop wrote:

I try to get a cross compiler based on
working;  without success.

Is anyone using a cross compiler base on gcc-3.4.x for a mips big endian target?

Best regarts

I've got a very recent i686->mips-unknown-linux-gnu cross-toolchain available at: if you are too frustrated with building your own.

It includes gcc-3.4.3, glibc-2.3.4 (20041102), and binutils

Hi Steve,

thanx a lot.
This tool chain works perfectly for me. Now I can build 2.6.x kernel.
In the past I tried to build a cross tool chain using crosstools. I don`t get any combination of gcc-3.4.x/glibc-2.x.x working. Only the gcc-3.4.x-glibc-2.3.3 combination I could compile without errors, but I couldn't compile a 2.6.x kernel.

Could you please tell me, how you compile the tool chain?
It would be great, if you can provide me a script or a list of patches you applied for building.

Best regards

Actually, if you just wanted to build kernels, you don't need glibc at all. Just build binutils and then a bootstrap gcc compiler, and you are set. The only reason I messed with a full toolchain at all is so that I can use c++ through distcc.