DECsystem 5500 available (fwd)

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org, linux-vax@mithra.physics.montana.edu
Subject: DECsystem 5500 available (fwd)
From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@linux-mips.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 22:36:32 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: Wolfgang Rupp <rupp@chello.at>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hello folks,

 We may be interested in getting this system to add Linux support.  It is
quite rare and despite having an R3000 processor as its main computational
unit it actually has a VAX processor as well, which is used for executing
diagnostics.  There is some programming-level documentation available --
much enough I think a port should be moderately easy, at least from the
hardware point of view.  Code may require major surgery here and there,
though.

 I'd take the system myself as it would be a good check for portability of
code, but it's out of reach for me at the moment.

  Maciej