Re: Au1500 Chip Select

To: Gilad Rom <>
Subject: Re: Au1500 Chip Select
From: Pete Popov <>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 09:57:38 -0800
Gilad Rom wrote:

I am trying to implement a simple program which
Will be used to communicate with an I/O peripheral Over CS1 (Chip select 1) of the au1500.

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do. The chip select is setup by the boot loader or kernel, and you don't touch it anymore. The CS will get asserted/deasserted based on the addresses you're trying to access.

Has anyone ever attempted this? Could someone Point me to some sample code, perhaps? I am grepping
Through the kernel, yet having trouble locating
Chip-select specific code for reference.

Again, what sort of an example are you looking for? Setting up a chip select on the Au1x is nothing more than writing the appropriate values to the 3 chip select registers. Then you're done.