Re: titan code question

To: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@linux-mips.org>
Subject: Re: titan code question
From: Manish Lachwani <mlachwani@mvista.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 11:42:44 -0800
Cc: Thomas Koeller <thomas.koeller@baslerweb.com>, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:
On Mon, 22 Nov 2004, Manish Lachwani wrote:

Hence, they used this register. I am not sure if this is even documented. However, this code has been written based on the feedback from the chip designers. If you dont use this code, the MAC subsystem of titan will stop aligning IP headers and you will need to implement the code in the driver to do the aligning.

 That means you should use macros for registers and their contents,
preferably with some nearby documentation in the form of comments to
clarify less obvious bits.  Otherwise you end up with an unmaintainable
mess, especially once other sources of information drain out.

  Maciej

I agree that we need to provide documentation :)

Thanks
Manish Lachwani