Re: gcc 3.3.4/3.4.1 and get_user

To: ralf@linux-mips.org
Subject: Re: gcc 3.3.4/3.4.1 and get_user
From: Atsushi Nemoto <anemo@mba.ocn.ne.jp>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 12:15:20 +0900 (JST)
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
>>>>> On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 14:44:40 +0100, Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
>>>>> said:
ralf> Right, part of the same mistake.  See the patch below which gets
ralf> my test system working.  The 32-bit parts are cosmetic and
ralf> shouldn't change the generated code.  They just make the 32-bit
ralf> and 64-bit str*_user.S files almost identical.

Thank you.  They work fine.

ralf> I'm surprised somebody still cares about 2.4 64-bit ;-) The
ralf> 64-bit improvments in 2.6, especially in the area of the 32-bit
ralf> compatibility code are so substancial that I don't think 2.4 is
ralf> still a good choice.

Yes, I agree that 2.6 is better.  I just want to run 2.4 64-bit for
comparison from time to time. (only when something failed on 2.6 :-))

---
Atsushi Nemoto