Re: ohci-au1xxx.c cleanups and fix for 2.6.10-rc1

To: Matt Porter <mporter@kernel.crashing.org>
Subject: Re: ohci-au1xxx.c cleanups and fix for 2.6.10-rc1
From: Herbert Valerio Riedel <hvr@inso.tuwien.ac.at>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 13:58:55 +0100
Cc: Pete Popov <ppopov@embeddedalley.com>, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Fri, 2004-11-05 at 07:18 -0700, Matt Porter wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 05, 2004 at 09:19:34AM +0100, Herbert Valerio Riedel wrote:
> >
> > below just a patch to have usb working again for 2.6.10-rc1 and
> > some minor cleanups...
> > (alas usb still doesn't work on big endian...)
>
> The patches to support BE OHCI operation were posted months ago on
> the USB list.  GregKH recently picked them up and I just saw the
> first of them merged to the mainline tree. You should have better
> luck with BE OHCI soon. :)

I've played w/ the upcoming patches for 2.6.10-rc2 contained in the bk
snapshots, and was able to confirm that better luck is really in sight
for me (wrt to USB/BE)  :-)

USB worked fine w/ mouse and some usb-storage ram module, I'd be glad to
provide you w/ the required modifications (if necessary) as soon as
2.6.10-rc2 comes out and get merged into linux-mips cvs...

now I just need to find how to fix that subtle pci w/ BE issue I'm
having w/ pci-device subfunctions disappearing in BE mode...

greetings,
--
Herbert Valerio Riedel <hvr@inso.tuwien.ac.at>