Re: Custom kernel crashes

To: Thomas Petazzoni <thomas.petazzoni@enix.org>
Subject: Re: Custom kernel crashes
From: Manish Lachwani <mlachwani@mvista.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 09:12:24 -0800
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hello !

What are these values: NPP_BOARD_INTERNAL_SRAM_BASE, NPP_BOARD_INTERNAL_SRAM_END and NPP_BOARD_INTERNAL_SRAM_BASE.

Also, what is ENTRYLO() defined as?

Thanks
Manish Lachwani

Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
Hello,

Manish Lachwani a écrit :

This may or may not apply to your case. Is this board still the one that has the Marvell Discovery ethernet device? If yes, Marvell Discovery has its SRAM located at 0xfe000000. So, make a check in the ethernet driver or other board specific sources and see if there is any access to this SRAM location.

The DMA buffers and DMA buffer descriptors used for the serial driver are all located in the SRAM of the Marvell, which is mapped using a wired uncached TLB entry.

Here's the code that wires the entry :

  add_wired_entry(ENTRYLO(NPP_BOARD_INTERNAL_SRAM_BASE),
                  ENTRYLO(NPP_BOARD_INTERNAL_SRAM_END),
                  NPP_BOARD_INTERNAL_SRAM_BASE,
                  PM_256K);

I would like to use ioremap() instead of wired TLB entries, but for the moment, I'm focusing on this crash.

Thanks,

Thomas