unable to handle kernel paging request

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: unable to handle kernel paging request
From: Dennis Grevenstein <dennis@pcde.inka.de>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 19:42:33 +0100
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi,

I want to get the current cvs kernel running on
an R5000PC Challenge S. It does compile, but the
kernel does not boot. I get this error repeatedly
printed all over the console until I pull the plug:

<1>CPU 0 Unable to handle kernel paging request at\
 virtual address 00000000, epc == 8810da1c, ra == 8810e22c

What could be wrong?

mfg
Dennis

--
There is certainly no purpose in remaining in the dark
except long enough to clear from the mind