Re: Which MIPS kernel is good to start up? linux-mips.org or Montavista?

To: Pete Popov <ppopov@embeddedalley.com>
Subject: Re: Which MIPS kernel is good to start up? linux-mips.org or Montavista?
From: Manish Lachwani <mlachwani@mvista.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 09:10:17 -0700
Cc: colin <colin@realtek.com.tw>, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Pete Popov wrote:
colin wrote:

Hi all,
We want to begin to put Linux to our new board with 4KEc CPU.
Is it better to start porting from Montavista's Kernel, or from the one of
linux-mips.org?
I phoned the sales of Montavista and he told me the difference of these 2
kernels are little, but their kernels have been tested a lot for stability.

Naturally, we would like to choose the kernel version above 2.6.

I don't believe MV currently offers a 2.6 based MIPS distro.

Pete

Hello !

Montavista has a 2.6 eval release that has support for this CPU. Among the boards that are supported includes Malta and SWARM

Thanks
Manish Lachwani