Re: yosemite interrupt setup

To: Thomas Koeller <thomas.koeller@baslerweb.com>
Subject: Re: yosemite interrupt setup
From: Manish Lachwani <mlachwani@mvista.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 11:08:35 -0700
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi Thomas,

Thomas Koeller wrote:
On Thursday 21 October 2004 18:38, Manish Lachwani wrote:

Hi Thomas

No, these should remain in the Ethernet driver. Thats because no other
driver depends on these. Those registers are MAC subsystem registers
only. The ethernet driver does not do any interrupt setup for other
devices.

Hi Manish,

first of all, forget about the yosemite, as I am no longer using it. I
am currently working on our own platform port.

I did not know abt this. I have referred to Yosemite in the past posts

All the components of the Ethernet/GPI subsystem interrupt the CPU
through the interrupt vector established by writing to the CPCFG0 and
CPCFG1 registers. So if I want to write a driver that uses one of
the GPIs, or the DUART, or a watchdog counter, or the two-bit interface,
or any other component of the subsystem, then this driver will be
dependent of the ethernet driver. Have a look at the manual if
you do not believe me. The titan ethernet driver is the only one to
use this interrupt _on_the_yosemite_, but this is only because all the
other components are not used at all.

I will check the manual and get back. In case of Yosemite, the GE unit is the only one using this vector register.

The interrupt setup should definitly be in the platform - please reconsider
your position.

thanks,
Thomas

Thanks