Re: ioremap() and CONFIG_SWAP_IO_SPACE

Subject: Re: ioremap() and CONFIG_SWAP_IO_SPACE
From: Thomas Koeller <>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 10:47:29 +0200
On Tuesday 19 October 2004 20:31, Ralf Baechle wrote:
> If the standard readX() / writeX() functions don't suffice for some reason
> then a bus specific versions in a separate header file are needed.

So I guess I will have to create something like ocd_readl()/ocd_writel().

> An example are the ISA versions.  For compatibility with super old
> versions from before ioremap or where things on i386 at least seemed to
> work without ioremap a special isa_readX() / isa_writeX() is supplied.
> Again for compatibility reasons these macros are defined in <asm/io.h>,
> not in a separate header file.

Much confusion could be avoided, then, if readX()/writeX() were name
pci_readX()/pci_writeX(), and, of course, CONFIG_SWAP_IO_SPACE were

Thomas Koeller, Software Development
Basler Vision Technologies

thomas dot koeller at baslerweb dot com