Re: Is there any means to use Cramfs and JFFS2 images as root disks?

To: "???" <Mickey@turtle.ee.ncku.edu.tw>
Subject: Re: Is there any means to use Cramfs and JFFS2 images as root disks?
From: Wolfgang Denk <wd@denx.de>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 00:04:04 +0200
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
In message <004b01c4b3a7$6193e810$7101a8c0@dinosaur> you wrote:

> My question still exists: YAMON doesn't know where /dev/mtdblock3 is...
> How do I put JFFS2 image by YAMON onto the right location in Flash... :-)

You set up the MTD partitions, so you should know exactly where  this
partition  starts  and ends in your physical address space. Just pass
these addresses to YAMON.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd@denx.de
The nice thing about  standards  is that there are  so many to choose
from.                                           - Andrew S. Tanenbaum