Re: Problem caused by forcing interrupt vector location to 0x91xx0200 in

To: Kang <huangyk@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Problem caused by forcing interrupt vector location to 0x91xx0200 instead of 0x80000200
From: Michael Uhler <uhler@mips.com>
Date: 14 Oct 2004 18:39:32 -0700
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Prior to Release 2 of the MIPS32 Architecture, the exception vectors
were fixed at a base of 0x80000000, which put the vectored interrupt
offset at 0x80000200.

The MIPS32 4Kc processor is an implementation of Release 1 of the
Architecture, so it has a fixed exception vector base.  (Note that
the MIPS32 4KEc - the added 'E' is significant - implements Release 2
so in case you mis-typed, there is a solution using the 4KEc).

So with a Release 1 implementation, your only really solution is
to put a jump at 0x80000200 to where you want the code to be.
I suspect that this isn't really what you want.

/gmu

--

Michael Uhler, Chief Technology Officer
MIPS Technologies, Inc.  Email: uhler@mips.com