__up, __down_trylock & __down_interruptible for MIPS

To: <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: __up, __down_trylock & __down_interruptible for MIPS
From: <priya.mani@wipro.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 16:55:10 +0530
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi

I need to build a driver on the kernel version 2.4.22 on Mips
architecture ( I am using an AMD board). When I try to insmod the driver
it gives unresolved symbols for "__up, __down_trylock &
__down_interruptible".

I checked in the semaphore.c file under kernel/arch/mips. The above
symbols are neither defined nor exported while they are done for the
semaphore files under other arch like sparc, sh, alpha etc.

If I try to use the functions from the latest CVS files in the mips-org
site it gives other compilation errors.

Please can you tell me how do I go about this problem. Have the above
functions been obsoleted? Is there any patch available for them? Or is
there any doc explaining this? I am using Kernel version 2.4.22.

Can anybody help me out with this please.

Rgds
Priya