Stuck with booting from IDE

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Stuck with booting from IDE
From: gautam@koperasw.com
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 22:02:32 -0700
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org

Hi,
I am trying to get MALTA boot from IDE by reserving a partition on the IDE for
the kernel binary.
I found a relevant post on the forum:
"
If you feel lucky, you can also reserve space on your disk for the kernel -
either in a separate partition, or outside the area used by your current
partitions. The YAMON 02.02 or later can read the kernel directly from disk
and execute it.

I do this on my Malta board with one disk.

/Hartvig
"
I have been trying to do the same on my MALTA board but am somehow goofing up in
getting the sector no and the count right.In short ...its not happening.I have a
hard disk with a dedicated partition for the kernel binary.Its the first primary
partition  so I suppose the sector no should be 63.

I need to know the actual command for "disk write" (YAMON 2.02 and later) that
anybody might have used successfully with YAMON and the subsequent "disk read"
to get the binary from IDE instead of TFTP.
There is lack of documentation regarding this .

Thanks and regards,
Gautam Morey
Design and Dev.Engineer
Kopera Software Inc.