On Mon, 4 Oct 2004, Ralf Baechle wrote:
> > I think we should either handcode all handlers explicitly or build a
> > single one dynamically, like we do for copy_page()/clear_page().
> That was the plan.
> > For now,
> > I'll just add the missing nop directly to the handlers. Thanks for
> > working on it.
> Those nops are now cluttering the handler for all those processors
> that don't need it. Great.
1. The handler is expected to be for R4000/R4400 only. If it's used for
anything else, that it's the anything else's maintainer fault.
2. The except_vec0_sb1 handler is one with the nop omitted, so it can be
used for these processors.
3. Correct operation first, only then optimization.
4. Anyone please feel free to do a better fix.
5. Given the "gran plan" as referred to above, points 1 - 4 above are
probably irrelevant anyway. ;-)