Re: Problem debugging multi-threaded app

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Re: Problem debugging multi-threaded app
From: Steffen Malmgaard Mortensen <smm@futarque.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 08:14:50 +0200
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi again,
Sorry - I know I shouldn't even be allowed to ask questions...... It was another old, known bug - I was running with stripped libpthread......
/Steffen

On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 11:11, Steffen Malmgaard Mortensen wrote:
Hi all,

I'm trying to debug a multi-threaded app using gdbserver/gdb. I see the
same problems as described in
http://www.linux-mips.org/archives/linux-mips/2002-09/msg00155.html -
the program receives SIG32, but gdb doesn't associate that with thread
creation. The solution back in 2002 was to upgrade the tool-chain, but
I'm not sure what versions I should use today (and what patches). I'm
currently using:

CPU: Ati X225 (mips4kc - little endian)
kernel: linux 2.4.18 + vendor patches

glibc: 2.3.2
gcc: 3.3.2
binutils: 2.14
(the three above from crosstool 0.27)

gdb/gdbserver: 6.2

According to strace gdbserver loads libthread_db as it should, but gdb
on my host doesn't load libthread_db.

Any help/suggestions will be greatly appriciated...

Best regards,
Steffen