Re: 2.6 status for pb1100?

To: Karl Lessard <klessard@sunrisetelecom.com>, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Re: 2.6 status for pb1100?
From: Pete Popov <ppopov@embeddedalley.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 13:41:50 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org

> I'm working with a PB1100 board, and I try to run a
> linux 2.6 kernel.  I've both try the
> kernel.org releases (2.6.8.1)and linux-mips CVS
> head. While both fail due to many reasons,
> I've observed that some drivers have not
> been implemented or updated for kernel 2.6
> series (for example the au1100 framebuffer
> driver still use some kernel 2.4 headers).
>
> My question is: Do PB1100 boards are officially
> supported by  2.6.x kernels?

Not yet, but we're working on it. Our target is the
Db1x boards, however, updating the Pb1x will be
trivial once the Pb1x are working. I have a bunch of
patches in my queue but won't be able to push them
until I get back from vacation. The FB driver is not
one of them though -- that comes later.

Pete