Re: IDE woos in BE mode 2.6 kernel

Subject: Re: IDE woos in BE mode 2.6 kernel
From: Atsushi Nemoto <>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 23:41:12 +0900 (JST)

mlachwani> These changes below work and attached is the patch based on
mlachwani> your suggestion. However, I have made changes to
mlachwani> include/asm-mips/ide.h since I think there may be problems
mlachwani> with other MIPS boards to in BE mode.  And, I have not
mlachwani> included the (dma_cache_wback) in the patch.

Hmm, I think declaration of mips_io_port_base is not needed since
asm/io.h must be included before asm/ide.h.  If asm/io.h was not
included first, ide.h can not override these functions anyway.

Also, moving the fixup block before "#include <ide.h>" will give a
chance to override these functions again in mach-dependent ide.h. (for
more weired hardware)

Atsushi Nemoto