Re: Kernel 2.6 for R4600 Indy

To: Stuart Longland <stuartl@longlandclan.hopto.org>
Subject: Re: Kernel 2.6 for R4600 Indy
From: Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 11:07:03 +0200
Cc: "Stephen P. Becker" <geoman@gentoo.org>, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Fri, Sep 24, 2004 at 10:16:37AM +1000, Stuart Longland wrote:
> Ahh yes... sorry, it was after midnight (GMT+10) and my mind must've
> been elsewhere -- I meant o64.  I was planning on moving to either n32
> or n64 userland eventually, but I won't do that unless I can get a
> 64-bit kernel going.

The 64 bit kernel should work so far - With the ip22zilog.c fixes
tsbogend just committed the console begins to work again.

Includeing the patch i sent earlier my R5k Indy boots fine a 64bit
current cvs head and goes into userspace.

Using the "soo to be" rtc and statfs64 fixes everything seems to be
fine for o32 userspace.

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                  flo@rfc822.org             +49-171-2280134