Re: PCI VGA card info

To: Dan Malek <>
Subject: Re: PCI VGA card info
From: Wolfgang Denk <>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 01:22:40 +0200
Cc: Keath Milligan <>, Linux MIPS <>
In message <> you wrote:
> The AMD/Alchemy folks have a Silicon Motion video adapter that will
> work in that board.  I've done the framebuffer, X-Windows runs on it.
> The standard video cards are nearly impossible to use in any kind of
> embedded environment.  Nothing PCI is available anymore, and even
> if you are able to find a way to initialize the controllers, they are
> obsolete

The Fujitsu Coral-P is running fine on MIPS systems, for  example  on
the XXS3HC Device, see

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email:
Shakespeare's Law of Prototyping: (Hamlet III, iv, 156-160)
        O, throw away the worser part of it,
        And live the purer with the other half.