Re: PCI VGA card info

To: Dan Malek <dan@embeddededge.com>
Subject: Re: PCI VGA card info
From: Wolfgang Denk <wd@denx.de>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 01:22:40 +0200
Cc: Keath Milligan <keath@keathmilligan.net>, Linux MIPS <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
In message <D9320BAE-07FC-11D9-BA3D-003065F9B7DC@embeddededge.com> you wrote:

> The AMD/Alchemy folks have a Silicon Motion video adapter that will
> work in that board.  I've done the framebuffer, X-Windows runs on it.
> The standard video cards are nearly impossible to use in any kind of
> embedded environment.  Nothing PCI is available anymore, and even
> if you are able to find a way to initialize the controllers, they are
> obsolete

The Fujitsu Coral-P is running fine on MIPS systems, for  example  on
the XXS3HC Device, see
http://www.mycable.de/productsshow.php?content=products&lang=en&topic=xxs3hc

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd@denx.de
Shakespeare's Law of Prototyping: (Hamlet III, iv, 156-160)
        O, throw away the worser part of it,
        And live the purer with the other half.