Re: PCI VGA card info

To: Linux MIPS <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: Re: PCI VGA card info
From: Keath Milligan <keath@keathmilligan.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 11:37:20 -0500
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Dan Malek wrote:

The AMD/Alchemy folks have a Silicon Motion video adapter that will
work in that board.  I've done the framebuffer, X-Windows runs on it.
The standard video cards are nearly impossible to use in any kind of
embedded environment.  Nothing PCI is available anymore, and even
if you are able to find a way to initialize the controllers, they are obsolete
before you get any product ready for manufacturing.

I have this card but it doesn't seem to work with a 2.6 kernel. I'm trying to just get a console visible on it at this point, but the card doesn't seem to be getting turned on.

--
Keath Milligan
Austin, Texas