PCI VGA card info

To: Linux MIPS <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: PCI VGA card info
From: Keath Milligan <keath@keathmilligan.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 10:54:04 -0500
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Does anyone have (recent) links or info on getting standard VGA cards to work with Linux/MIPS?

I'm working with an Alchemy DBAu1550 eval board and I'd like to get VGA going on it somehow. The only 3.3V PCI card I have been able to find is an old NVidia Riva. As I understand it, some VGA cards rely on the PC BIOS to be initialized, but there was some work being done to emulate that. All of the links I've found so far on this list and other places no longer work.

Thanks

--
Keath Milligan
Austin, Texas