Re: MIPS Magnum ARCsystem

To: Alec Voropay <a.voropay@vmb-service.ru>
Subject: Re: MIPS Magnum ARCsystem
From: Dennis Grevenstein <dennis@pcde.inka.de>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 20:18:06 +0200
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Tue, Sep 14, 2004 at 09:41:13PM +0400, Alec Voropay wrote:

>  Great. I have a ACER PICA-61 (MIPS Magnum clone).
> http://www.sensi.org/~alec/mips/acer_pica.html

I have now tried using a normal AT power supply.
There is something moving, but I only see "F"
on the small LCD. Can you tell me more about this
little LCD? F seems rather early, but when I remove
the CPU I get "0".

>  Unfortunately, I can't run ANY OS on this machine.
> - Linux for this architecture was broken since early 2.2 kernel...
> - The OpenBSD/arc port has been discontinued after the 2.3 release.
> - To build a NetBSD/arc I need to install a full NetBSD cross
> development on the i386 host.

Cross compiling NetBSD  doesn't sound like a huge
problem. I would even cope with RISC/os if necessary.

mfg
Dennis

--
There is certainly no purpose in remaining in the dark
except long enough to clear from the mind