MIPS Magnum ARCsystem

Subject: MIPS Magnum ARCsystem
From: Dennis Grevenstein <>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 19:11:24 +0200

I just got some parts for an old MIPS system.
I still have to find out if all of this really works,
because I don't have a power supply for it.
However, I guess the parts are basically a Magnum 4000.
It's an R4000SC on a mainboard with a few EISA slot.
Now I'm trying to find out what kind of operating
system I could use. Can anybody comment on current
Linux support?

Please add a CC: to me if you reply as I'm not on
the list.

There is certainly no purpose in remaining in the dark
except long enough to clear from the mind
the illusion of ever having been in the light.
                                        T.S. Eliot