Re: gcc 2.95 patch for IP28

To: Peter Fuerst <>
Subject: Re: gcc 2.95 patch for IP28
From: Florian Lohoff <>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 14:03:47 +0200
Hi Peter,

On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 04:11:25AM +0200, Peter Fuerst wrote:
> Hello !
> A patch to gcc 2.95.4 to make it insert the necessary cache barriers
> in (kernel-)code for SGI Indigo2 R10k (IP28) is available at

I could build all the stuff.

I see the mentioned problem about 2.6 grinding to a halt too. Also i
have problems getting output on the serial console. its compiled in and
i see all kernel messages. Once into userspace i only see error messages
like this:

NET: Registered protocol family 2
IP: routing cache hash table of 1024 buckets, 16Kbytes
NET: Registered protocol family 1
NET: Registered protocol family 17
NET: Registered protocol family 15
Sending BOOTP requests . OK
IP-Config: Got BOOTP answer from, my address is
IP-Config: Complete:
      device=eth0, addr=, mask=, gw=,
     host=,, nis-domain=(none),
     bootserver=, rootserver=,
Looking up port of RPC 100003/2 on
Looking up port of RPC 100005/1 on
VFS: Mounted root (nfs filesystem) readonly.
Freeing unused kernel memory: 148k freed
Ivemount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on tmpfs,

the I looks like "INIT:". I cant explain the "ve" which comes some seconds

Florian Lohoff                     +49-171-2280134
                        Heisenberg may have been here.