Octane gfx works; SCSI woes

Subject: Octane gfx works; SCSI woes
From: Stanislaw Skowronek <sskowron@ET.PUT.Poznan.PL>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 10:26:44 +0200 (MET DST)
Hi again!

A new graphics driver for Octane is in order. This driver allows writing
user-mode gfx applications through register mapping and DMA. I would like
to ask anyone with an Octane to help me test this driver.

Currently, the only user-mode application taking advantage of this driver
is MPlayer, which works quite fine (if a bit slowly as there is no
assembly for MIPS - hint, hint!).

Especially wanted:
 * someone with SE/SI card (it is possible that the current driver is
   for double-RSS people only - MX*, SS* as I use RSS switching at some
   point - this has to be auto-detected and fixed!)
 * someone knowledgeable about SCSI (currently the ISP1040 controllers
   found in Octane bomb in a strange way with HCH's patched SCSI driver;
   they don't work at all with the QLISP driver).

Have fun,

Stanislaw Skowronek

  "You're not as old as the trees, not as young as the leaves.
   Not as free as the breeze, not as open as the seas."