Re: Doubt on rootfs

To: "Arravind babu" <aravindforl@yahoo.co.in>
Subject: Re: Doubt on rootfs
From: "bel racu" <belracu22@rediffmail.com>
Date: 18 Aug 2004 06:15:28 -0000
Cc: binutils@sources.redhat.com, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 Arravind babu wrote :
>Hi all,
>
>          I am cross-compiling linux 2.4.20 onto MIPS .I compiled and i booted
> the system.When i gave the command mount at the prompt it gave the following
> things.
>
>$mount
>
>rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)

meen your Root filesystem is in memory

>/dev/rom0 on / type romfs (ro)
>/dev/ram0 on /var type ext2 (rw)

Ramdisk  mounted for /var with ext2 filesystem

>/proc on /proc type proc (rw)

Procfs

>/dev/mtdblock6 on /flash type jffs2 (rw)

Flash device with jffs2 filesystem

>/dev/ram1 on /upgrade type sramfs (rw)
>/dev/mtdblock5 on /apps type cramfs (ro)

flash device holding ur filesystm and image

>devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw)
>

>When i gave the same command on a normal linux 2.4.20 machine i got the
>following.
>
>$mount
>
>/dev/sda1 on / type ext3 (rw)
>none on /proc type proc (rw)
>usbdevfs on /proc/bus/usb type usbdevfs (rw)
>none on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,gid=5,mode=620)
>/dev/sda5 on /home type ext3 (rw)
>/dev/sdb1 on /home1 type ext3 (rw)
>none on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)
>none on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type binfmt_misc (rw)

when u issue the Mount command it will display all the mounted
devices. U can also "cat /etc/mout" file to check the mounted devices
in your system.