Re: Yamon compiling and linking

To: <Saugata.Chatterjee@taec.toshiba.com>, <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: Re: Yamon compiling and linking
From: "Roman Mashak" <mrv@tusur.ru>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 14:53:18 +0900
Fl-build: Fidolook 2002 (SL) 6.0.2800.85 - 28/1/2003 19:07:30
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hello, Saugata.Chatterjee@taec.toshiba.com!
You wrote to "Roman Mashak" <mrv@tusur.ru> on Tue, 17 Aug 2004
09:58:57 -0700:

SC> Reset code (reset.S) IS compiled and linked (at bfc00000 like it should
SC> be), and pretty early on in there YAMON detects endianness and jumps to
the
SC> location of the appropriate endian image. Dump the output of make to a
log
SC> file and look for the compilation of reset.S.

I have already investigated the 'makefile' and 'make' dump - and I've found
that reset code is compiled only in one case - when I compile both LE and BE
images.

Yes, I'm using AMD modified code and perhaps this is the reason, but their
support didn't answer yet.

Anyway - thank you for spending time for me.

With best regards, Roman Mashak.  E-mail: mrv@tusur.ru