Re: Yamon compiling and linking

To: "Roman Mashak" <mrv@tusur.ru>
Subject: Re: Yamon compiling and linking
From: Saugata.Chatterjee@taec.toshiba.com
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 09:58:57 -0700
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org

Reset code (reset.S) IS compiled and linked (at bfc00000 like it should
be), and pretty early on in there YAMON detects endianness and jumps to the
location of the appropriate endian image. Dump the output of make to a log
file and look for the compilation of reset.S.

 Hope that helps,
-Saugata.

                      "Roman Mashak"

                      <mrv@tusur.ru>               To:
<linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
                      Sent by:                     cc:

                      linux-mips-bounce@lin        Subject:  Yamon compiling
and linking
                      ux-mips.org

                      08/16/2004 06:57 PM

Hello!

I solved the problem with Yamon compiling I asked recently, but still have
technical related questions about Yamon linking & code allocating in
memory.

Here it is.

When I compile little-endian only image, as far as I understood, I got
image
without RESET code at the beginning, so according to the memory map and
link
script (link_el.xn) - starting entry point is __RESET_HANDLER_END (locating
in init.S) and its address is 0x9fc10000.
So, I don't quite understand, how will be going after CPU reset? As
documentation's saying "following a reset, hardware fetches instructions
starting at the reset exception vector 0xBFC00000". But what is waiting at
this address, because reset code (reset.S) is not compiled and is not
linked?

Could you please make it clear to me?

Thanks in advance!

With best regards, Roman Mashak.  E-mail: mrv@tusur.ru