Q: aty_nobiosinit.patch - to pre 2.4.24 kernel?

To: Michael Stickel <michael.stickel@4g-systems.biz>, michael@cubic.org, Pete Popov <ppopov@mvista.com>
Subject: Q: aty_nobiosinit.patch - to pre 2.4.24 kernel?
From: Ralf Ackermann <rac@KOM.tu-darmstadt.de>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 08:59:20 +0200 (CEST)
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org, Ralf Ackermann <rac@KOM.tu-darmstadt.de>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hello Michael, hello all,

Looks like I need to make a custom (pre 2.4.24) kernel for the MeshCube.

Pete Popov pointed me to the patch - see below (many thanks!!). Have you
been running pre 2.4.24 kernels on the MeshCube (AFAIK the CVS starts with
2.4.24 already).

Otherwise - how to proceed for a MIPS or MTX1 specific kernel? Is that
        - starting with the standard kernel source from www.kernel.org
        - applying a patch (where from?) to it (I have only done this
                for ARM systems so far - where this procedure is the
                standard way)

Again - any hints highly welcome
 regards Ralf

PS: I'll finally document all the answers I got within the process in the
Wiki => so we'll hopefully all profit from it.

----