Q: way to populate a (full featured) Debian/MIPS with the Meshcube

To: dev-list@meshcube.org
Subject: Q: way to populate a (full featured) Debian/MIPS with the Meshcube
From: Ralf Ackermann <rac@KOM.tu-darmstadt.de>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 22:31:37 +0200 (CEST)
Cc: Ralf Ackermann <rac@KOM.tu-darmstadt.de>, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hello,

since a few people (e.g. Thiemo Seufer <ica2_ts@csv.ica.uni-stuttgart.de>)
already earlier suggested to use a full-featured Debian/MIPS with the
Meshcube - here are my 2 questions concerning that topic:
        1. Is there a step-by-step instruction list on how
                to bootstrap such an environment (with just the
                MeshCube and i386 Linux systems but no further MIPS system
                available)
        2. Could somebody provide a snapshot of a (basic) Debian/MIPS
                filesystem that can be mounted via NFS and chrooted to?
                (this would then let me start apt-get upgrading /
                installing in it)
        (I could provide the storage space / connectivity to also host
                such a FS snapshot for others)

Many thanks for your help and best regards

Dr. Ralf Ackermann            _         rac@KOM.tu-darmstadt.de
Multimedia Communications |/ | | |\/|           Merckstrasse 25
                          |\ |_| |  |  64283 Darmstadt, Germany
Tel.: (+49) 6151 16-6138                Fax: (+49) 6151 16-6152
             http://www.kom.tu-darmstadt.de/~rac