Re: do_ri failure in cache flushing routines

To: G H <>
Subject: Re: do_ri failure in cache flushing routines
From: Pete Popov <>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 11:09:01 -0700
G H wrote:

I've not had much response to this question so I would like to rephrase it : Can anyone think of any possible scenario where do_ri could occur in blast_icache32() ?? Is this possibly a cache synchronisation problem ??

Could be a hardware memory glitch. I would use kgdb to put a breakpoint there and see what the data in memory looks like when this happens -- look for memory corruption, etc.

>While testing out an amd au1500 based board I have been getting " do_ri " exceptions >that always occur in the cache flushing routines. More often than not in >blast_icache_32(). >So far this has mainly happened after running the board for days on end while running >multiple telnet sessions to it. It has sometimes ( quite rarely ) happened after a few >hours to a day of multiple telnet session use.

Do You Yahoo!?