ATI Rage XL

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: ATI Rage XL
From: Michael Stickel <michael@cubic.org>
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2004 10:33:28 +0200
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi.

I am new to the list.
I have a MIPS32 based platform with miniPCI slots and an ATI Rage XL.
There where rumors that there is code in the 2.6 Kernel that initializes the card for non-x86 platforms. I have found a file called xlinit.c with a function atyfb_xl_init in it, but I did not find a place where it is called. I read that it is a patch from SGI to get the Rage XL running
on non X86 platforms.

Is all that only a rumor or does anyone have a pointer where to find