Octane news

Subject: Octane news
From: Stanislaw Skowronek <sskowron@ET.PUT.Poznan.PL>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 20:59:29 +0200 (MET DST)
Hello all.

After a long delay I can finally announce something important about Octane
Linux. We are a little nearer to having accelerated graphics support on

I managed to set the card into 24-bit RGB pixel format.
I can draw accelerated lines.
I can draw arbitrary accelerated Gouraud-shaded (or not) triangles.
I can draw accelerated characters and bitmaps.

I can't read anything from the frame buffer.
I can't effectively draw pixmaps.
I can't change video mode (however, I'm working on it).
I can't take advantage of the GE11 Geometry Engines, so all triangle
setups and transforms are performed in software.

If anyone has *any* information that might be helpful in achieving the
mentioned goals (especially the GE11 support), please help me.

Thanks for your attention,

Stanislaw Skowronek

  "You're not as old as the trees, not as young as the leaves.
   Not as free as the breeze, not as open as the seas."