RE: (cross)compiling for the Meshcube (fwd)

To: "'Ralf Ackermann'" <rac@KOM.tu-darmstadt.de>, <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: RE: (cross)compiling for the Meshcube (fwd)
From: "Ratin Kumar" <ratin@koperasw.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 09:14:37 -0700
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
You don't mention installing libc for the platform. You will need libraries
for the MIPS(el) target to be present in the cross-compile path.
Try ftp://ftp.linux-mips.org/pub/linux/mips/glibc/mipsel-linux/

On doing Native build, if your platform supports tftp loading of boot kernel
(or if it has a boot kernel which you can pass parameter to), load the
kernel with nfsroot="IP-Address-of-server:/path" ip=ip-address-of-target

This requires an NFS image to be kept somewhere reachable by your target.
There is a tarball of RH7.1(mipsel) NFS dump at MIPS ftp for which worked
for my MALTA.

I did (sometime) ago produce NFS image of RH7.3 for my MALTA board. I can
upload it if you can tell me a location where to put it.