Q: (cross)compiling for the Meshcube (fwd)

Subject: Q: (cross)compiling for the Meshcube (fwd)
From: Ralf Ackermann <>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 17:56:19 +0200 (CEST)
Cc: Ralf Ackermann <>

I'm trying to (cross)compile some more modules/applications for the
meshcube - but failed so far.

I installed (on an i386 system):

Making a hello world program fails with:
        mipsel-linux-gcc hello.c -o hello
        /usr/mipsel-linux/bin/ld: cannot open crt1.o: No such file or directory
        collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

My questions:
 - Are there any specific hints for the cross-compile environment
        (or: "What are you using ... and would therefore suggest ?)
 - Is there any chance to use a native gcc on the cube itself?
        (could this e.g. been done by chrooting into a (which?)
        existing MIPS Linux distribution that is mounted via NFS)

Any hints are highly appreciated (I have worked with crosscompile/native
environments for ARM so far, but these are my first experiences in the
MIPS world).

Dr. Ralf Ackermann            _
Multimedia Communications |/ | | |\/|           Merckstrasse 25
                          |\ |_| |  |  64283 Darmstadt, Germany
Tel.: (+49) 6151 16-6138                Fax: (+49) 6151 16-6152