sharp mobilon hc-4100

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: sharp mobilon hc-4100
From: "Volker Jahns" <Volker.Jahns@thalreit.de>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 14:52:44 +0200 (CEST)
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Linux on Sharp Mobilon HC-4100

I would like to have Linux boot on the Sharp HC-4100 and have tried a
couple of suitable kernels with the following outcome:

Booting
-------
netbsd tx3912               - netbsd 1.5.3 , keyboard functional
linux for philips velo      - vmlinux-2.4.0-test4-pre3 , keyboard not
functional

Booting, but framebuffer scrambled
----------------------------------
linux nino                  - vmlinux-2.4.17
linux sharp HC-4500/HC-4600 - vmlinux-2.3.21. vmlinux-2.3.47

I have tried to compile a kernel from versions - 2.4.20 and 2.4.0-test9 -
( sharp mobilon, philips velo, philips nino) which all boot but have the
framebuffer device scrambled.

Which kernel version is good to start from, and where would I find its code ?
Has somebody a working .config vor the Velo 500 available, so that I get
the correct options to have this damn framebuffer device working?

Please redirect, in case this should be the wrong place to post.
--
Volker Jahns, volker@thalreit.de, http://thalreit.de, DG7PM