Re: bootimage for RM300E ?

Subject: Re: bootimage for RM300E ?
From: Jan-Benedict Glaw <>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 17:16:07 +0200
On Tue, 2004-07-06 07:11:53 -0800, Thomas Kunze <>
wrote in message <>:
> Quoting Alexander Voropay <>:
> > 1) Install a bigendian toolchain at the x86 host box and recompile the
> > Linux kernel.
> > P.5
> ok i downloaded toolchain.
> which kernel should i use? that one from or from ?, current CVS checkout. However, I can't tell you if
you're better off using HEAD or the linux_2_4 branch (probably HEAD,

> what should be done next, after create a kernel ?
> what do i need to create a bootimage for the RM300 ?
> how must this bootimage looks like ?
> any howto's ?

Try to feed the kernel image either as ELF or ECOFF via network. The
first step is to make the machine actually *accept* the image (let alone
properly executing it).

   Jan-Benedict Glaw    . +49-172-7608481