Re: bootimage for RM300E ?

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Re: bootimage for RM300E ?
From: Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw@lug-owl.de>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 17:16:07 +0200
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Tue, 2004-07-06 07:11:53 -0800, Thomas Kunze <thomas.kunze@xmail.net>
wrote in message <1089123113.40eab32979315@www.x-mail.net>:
> Quoting Alexander Voropay <a.voropay@vmb-service.ru>:
> > 1) Install a bigendian toolchain at the x86 host box and recompile the
> > Linux kernel.
> > P.5  http://howto.linux-mips.org/mips-howto.html
>
> ok i downloaded toolchain.
> which kernel should i use? that one from kernel.org or from linux-mips.org ?

linux-mips.org, current CVS checkout. However, I can't tell you if
you're better off using HEAD or the linux_2_4 branch (probably HEAD,
though...).

> what should be done next, after create a kernel ?
> what do i need to create a bootimage for the RM300 ?
> how must this bootimage looks like ?
> any howto's ?

Try to feed the kernel image either as ELF or ECOFF via network. The
first step is to make the machine actually *accept* the image (let alone
properly executing it).

MfG, JBG