booting SGI O2 from HD

To: linux-mips <>
Subject: booting SGI O2 from HD
From: Max Zaitsev <>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 16:04:18 +0200

Looks like it is not quite easy to make the o2 box to boot from the hard
drive... I have tried both volume header solution (kernel crashes) and
arcboot- (just prints some numbers and hangs without any further
output, even without printing out the entry point). I've compiled arcboot
with gcc-3.3.3 from the stage3 tarball available from kumba. Do I have to
tweak some compile flags or do I need patches to arcboot? Or can somebody put
out a working binary boot image per chance?