booting SGI O2 from HD

To: linux-mips <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: booting SGI O2 from HD
From: Max Zaitsev <maksik@gmx.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 16:04:18 +0200
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi!

Looks like it is not quite easy to make the o2 box to boot from the hard
drive... I have tried both volume header solution (kernel crashes) and
arcboot-0.3.8.1 (just prints some numbers and hangs without any further
output, even without printing out the entry point). I've compiled arcboot
with gcc-3.3.3 from the stage3 tarball available from kumba. Do I have to
tweak some compile flags or do I need patches to arcboot? Or can somebody put
out a working binary boot image per chance?

Regards,
Max